Sunday 31 January 2010

Before and after - Lace Lampshade...

I really enjoy vintage lampshades, modern shades don't seem to have the same charm. However it is rare to find one at a car boot or charity shop that isn't in need of some TLC!  But that is the fun part - no? I bought the below table lamp for £2 before Christmas, the lovely seller told me that it was definitely in working order.  Little did he know I was only after the shade and not the functional lamp base.  I have recovered many lampshades for my flat in the past and lace is usually my fabric of choice.  I LOVE lace!  It is one of my favourite fabrics.  The below dusky pink corded lace and tassle trim re-vamped shade was a gift for my wonderful friend Siouxsie and I am pleased to say she loved it!  

Bought and transformed by: Miss J

Before...
During...
After...

Lace Lampshades in my boudoir...

1 comment:

  1. looks great. I am thinking of making some lampshades myself for a cafe me and my friend are making. thank you for some more inspiration...

    ReplyDelete