Sunday 25 April 2010

Saturday 24th April...

Miss R and myself have really caught the car boot bug and look forward to our Saturday morning adventures together. This week purchases started slowly and we both seemed a little disappointed by what our first car boot of the day had to offer.  We decided to get two in before I went home to work on her wedding dress toile and Miss R on her new illustrations.  Half way round the second giant car boot we visit, I was totally flagging.  4 hours sleep and several large glasses of Sauvignon Blanc the night before were taking there toll!  Thank goodness Miss R was more on the ball than I was.  I think I probably bought one of the most bargainous pieces of furniture we have ever found at the car boot.  Well I say I, it was Miss R's eagle eye that spotted the cabinet below.  The man on the stall was pure old school Londoner, a real character.  He asked what I was looking to pay for the display cabinet and I said well what would you like for it, he answered £5 and I was like SOLD!!!!  He even carried it to the car park for me which was a total trek and stood with me chatting away whilst Miss R went off to get her car.  What a true gent.  All of that for £5 - now that is what I call service with a smile!  These cabinets were originally meant to display crockery and kitchenalia I think but I am using it for my ever expanding shoe collection.  I always feel shoes are too fabulous to hide away in shoe boxes but get dusty if just left out on shelves or around your boudoir so this cabinet is the perfect solution!

Cabinet - used to house some of my shoe collection (I heart Vivienne Westwood!) £5

Regular readers of our blog will know I love Miss Monroe so I was very happy when I found this rare print, which I have taken out of the Ikea frame and will get a mount and frame made for soon.   I had not seen this image before in poster form but as it shows Marilyn dabbing Chanel No.5 on her neck (two of my favourite things in one photo?)  I had to have it! The seller was asking £15, I offered £10 and we met kind of in the middle and I paid £12. 

Addition to the blue and white 'Asiatic Pheasant' design china I seem to be collecting - platter £5 and plate 50p.  This design was very popular in 19th Century Victorian England and Miss R and I together have started a blossoming collection.

Additions to my French novel collection £1 each

Bought by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment