Friday 25 November 2011

Spitalfields Antique Market...

Yesterday I enjoyed a day off work with Mummy Bijoux in east London, we wandered around the vintage shops on and off of Brick Lane, had lunch and then wandered some more around the antiques market at Spitalfields {http://www.oldspitalfieldsmarket.com/antique-market.html}.  I purchased a very Meadham Kirchhoff-esque {S/S 2011 + A/W 2010-11} black lace trimmed billowy fluoro peach, midi length vintage nightie for £12 from Beyond Retro {http://www.beyondretro.com/} on Cheshire Street. Result. I always make a bee-line for the vintage nighties, petticoat slips and chemises when I am there, the colors are like macaroon pastels mixed with the odd fluoro shade and black.  I am going to wear said nightie with an old oversized sweatshirt, black opaques {it's pretty see-through) or ankle socks {if I am feeling more daring} and chunky block heels.

 Meadham Kirchhoff S/S 2011
Meadham Kirchhoff A/W 2010-11
{images - www.style.com}

...also thought this headless/legless pair of skeletons complete with top hat were so funny in the antiques market and we were also at a stall when Tracey Emin strolled up and bought a rather large ceramic frog for £8, I wonder if it will turn up in her next piece of work?  I was really excited about spotting her as I am a big fan of her work.

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment