Thursday 12 January 2012

Cocktail Detox? - The Experimental Cocktail Club...

Last night I visited The Experimental Cocktail Club {http://experimentalcocktailclublondon.com/} on Gerrard Street, W1.  A speakeasy-come-prohibition-style secret drinking den in the heart of bustling China Town. Entering through a scruffy unmarked black door {no.13} with no signage and straight upstairs to a mirrored ceiling first floor bar complete with navy on black leopard carpet throughout we grabbed a couple of stools at the bar and looked over the cocktail menu.  I usually avoid going out during my annual January detox but actually really enjoyed the experience, even though it only got as crazy as a fresh grapefruit juice for me!  The cocktail list here includes some unusual ingredients including lavender infused gin and purple salt, as well as their vintage cocktail selection with prices from £120-£250 per cocktail {no that isn't a typo} which blend rare gins, vermouths and bourbons from the 1950s-1970s.  The glassware itself is simply gorgeous, a pleasure to drink from.  Up to the second floor which has a piano set into the bar, a really lovely idea although I was disappointed to find out it apparently doesn't actually play which is a shame.  The toilets on the third floor have been beautifully decorated with flamingo wallpaper, quilted tiles and porcelain teapot lights which I loved!  I think Purl in Marylebone still has it over ECC for me and whilst we are on the subject of speakeasy style bars in Londres, I am looking forward to visiting 69 Colebrooke Row and The Worship Street Whistling Shop anytime from 1st Feb!



Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment